8 Things About Winter

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hello everybody! We are leaving the first season of the year behind us and even though it's hard to get through it we have done it somehow. A lot of people have a love / hate relationship with the Winter season. I on the other hand feel like I'm in between. I don't like the days being shorter and darker or the weather being unbearably cold but we can't change those things so we always have to make the best of it. The things I want to change about Winter actually enable me to find things that I love about it. 

Lighting candles is my favorite. They warm up and illuminate the room and leave a great smell. Great mood booster for the short and dark days.
 Cozy sweaters are my go to clothing item. I love every kind of sweater but I find that the bigger they are the cozier they get.
Hot chocolate to save the day! Definitely my favorite drink of the season. It warms my insides and I love to put marshmellows on it, which makes it tastier. 
 Even though snow makes life harder since Istanbul is a crowded city no one can deny the fact that it just makes it look magical. 
 I wear perfumes all year long but I love them more during the colder months. I feel like it smells better since my skin is cooler and it doesn't mix with other bodily smells. 
 I love sitting on the couch with a cozy blanket over me and watch movies. 
 Best way to warm up after a cold day is to take a hot shower. I love steaming the bathroom and just feeling relaxed. 
 It's so much fun to decorate and cook delicious food and just welcome the new year with family.

I know there is probably more things that I love about the season but these are just some of the things on the top of my list. Hope you enjoyed this post! Tell me in the comments; What do you guys love about Winter?


Elif x

22 comments:

  1. Cosy sweaters are everything during the winter time, can't live without them :) Even though I don't like actually being in the snow, I love looking through the window & seeing the flakes fall down. A landscape covered in white really does look magical! x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely love watching snow through the window too! Being in the snow is lovely but I can only stand it for a short time. Thanks for the lovely comment Sara <3

      Delete
  2. I love lighting candles but I can't have them at uni which is so annoying, luckily I can have hot chocolate though!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No force can restrict hot chocolate! Thanks for commenting <3

      Delete
  3. Awesome list! I am TOTALLY ready for Spring, but there are definitely still things to appreciate about the colder weather still lingering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is such a lovely season, can't wait for all the pretty flowers! Thank you for commenting <3

      Delete
  4. Great post. Like you, I'm in between. I dislike the fact I leave for work and return from work in the dark, and the fact I'm never warm, but I love how cozy it can be. Blankets, candles, and layers make me happy.

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we can still find things that make us happy! Thanks for the lovely comment <3

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for winter to be over but do admit that this is a lovely list of good things about it. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, glad you like my list <3

      Delete
  6. I feel like Winter is eternal here in Dublin - and I still prefer Autumn. Candles are always lit up, regardless the season, I love all those scented babes with their heads on fire. A hot toddy is also a good idea, with cloves and lemon, it cures any cold. Winter is what makes us appreciate indoors more, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of a hot toddy before but I just did some research and quite surprised to see that it has liquor in it. Such different tastes around the world :) I definitely do appreciate indoors, especially cute cosy cafes!

      Delete
  7. Aw I love this list as a winter baby <3 even though I'm excited for Spring I will miss the cozy winter jumpers and the candles!!
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. how i wish we also experience winter here.

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like winter quite a bit, but this time of year I am ready for warm weather to start already! I think my favorite thing about winter is just being cozy. Snuggling up in big sweater in front of the fire with a nice big cup of hot tea sounds like the perfect winter day for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to get cosy in front of a fire but haven't done that in years. I'm ready for warm weather as well <3

      Delete
  10. there's lots of lovely things about winter:-) hot chocolate is always a favourite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winter is about to end for me, I live in Mexico and it never snows here, but yesterday the weather went crazy and we had a little snow! It was so weird but it was wonderful to see the little snow flakes :) I also adore to take a warm shower after a cold day! It's the best feeling ever! I really like your writing style Elif! I just started following you on bloglovin', I honestly don't want to miss a post!
    xx
    Ana
    Indie Suns | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting that you had snow in Mexico! Global warming is doing crazy things everywhere. You should travel someplace that you can fully experience snow /winter <3 Thanks for your lovely comment Ana!

      Delete