How Blogging Affected My Life

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hello everybody! I wanted to talk about blogging and how it affected my life over the past four years that I've been a blogger. I started blogging in a time when I had just started university and after a few months I had some health issues which lasted a long time. In order to get my mind off my situation I started reading blogs and interacted with bloggers way before I had the courage to start my own. There was one particular blog that just got me fixated on the idea that I could have my own blog as well. So I wrote my first post and sent it over to my sister, who at the time was studying abroad, right after I published it. She told me she enjoyed reading it and her support has been amazing since day one! Even though I don't blog regularly, writing a post and then hitting that publish button has been the greatest feeling. Now after four years I could say that blogging has had a positive impact on my life.

At the time I had just bought a new dSLR and starting a blog gave me a reason to bring it out more. It was a time of trial and error. I took photos that I thought were amazing when they weren't but within time it all changed. Having a blog helped me improve my photography skills. I take lighting, composition, props etc. into consideration and I aim for clear and bright shots using daylight to take quality photos. It also helped me improve my writing. Since my native language is Turkish it's always great to come over to my blog and start writing in English. It's a great way for me to always practice and never forget what I have learned!

During these past four years I have chatted with and met a lot of new people. Some still blog today and some have gone off to do other things. After getting quite confident with my blog I joined chats on Twitter like #bbloggers, #lbloggers, #fbloggers and these chats have grown and new ones like #TheGirlGang, #crazybloggers have emerged from creative minds and also became a community for bloggers. I have also worked with lovely brands that had a professional approach to people they wanted to work with while some only cared about self interest. It was all a great experience for me and I met so many people through these interactions which I will never regret.

Having so many creative people around me really inspired me to keep on blogging. Being around bloggers and reading blogs became a source of inspiration. It also made me realize that if I can be inspired by others maybe I could inspire others too. This aim to inspire others enabled me to be more creative. I tried various kinds of posts over the years and never fit my blog into one category. I've come to realize that quality is better than quantity when it comes to numbers. There are days I want to quit blogging because I can't find myself to be inspired or creative enough to blog but I always take time off and write a post when I feel that I am ready to. It's been a great way for me to always feel fresh and happy with my blog content!

This journey has been great so far and I can't wait to see what it holds for me in the future! Hopefully my experience will stay positive until the end. Thanks for reading <3

Elif x

10 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing post and I have to agree with all of these points! Blogging is a part of me and blogging has helped me grow and improve some skills and while I grow, my blog grows with me and I always notice a massive difference between my oldest posts and now! Twitter chats is something I love to do as well, it makes me feel closer to other bloggers :)

    abittersweetdiary.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Rita! Interaction with others always makes me happy <3

      Delete
  2. What a lovely positive post - I was thinking about your blog the other day and how I hadn't read one of your posts recently, I've been out of the blogging game and a bit up and down towards it so I've only recently come back into reading blogs like I used to. It's nice to see that there's been a real shift from quantity to quality. It's also nice to know that we can sit back a relax a bit rather than feel like it's another job to do.

    I always enjoy reading your posts and I've loved seeing how your blog has grown in the time I've followed you. It's great to feel good about your content, I know how I've felt about my own over the years and it's sometimes been a burden but as of late I feel really good about all of it. As long as you still enjoy what you do, you should definitely keep doing it at a pace that makes you happy :)

    Issy | MissIsGoode xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Issy, you are super lovely! It's always great to take a breather and come back to blogging. It makes us feel fresh and spread more positive vibes <3

      Delete
  3. This is such a well written post :) I find that it has helped me improve my writing as well because I am constantly aware that people will be reading it and I know I would hate reading grammatically incorrect blog posts!

    Kathy xx
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! YES, we would definitely not want to be caught by grammar nazis haha <3

      Delete
  4. When I started blogging I had no idea where it would lead and I didn't think I'd still be doing it and loving blogging for nearly 4 years! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been nearly 4 years for me too and it's been amazing! Thanks Heather <3

      Delete
  5. I have been blogging for a little over two years and I love it! It's something I never would have thought I would start doing. I love reading people's blogs from all over the world and learning about our similarities and differences. I'm glad to have stumbled into your blog and have really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your lovely photos. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way Sarah! Reading other blogs and getting to know people that live thousands of miles away is a lovely feeling. Thanks for all your kind words <3

      Delete