Gifts From UncommonGoods Pt.1 / Product Review

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Hello everybody! About a month ago I recieved an email from UncommonGoods asking me if I'd like to partner up with them and review a few things from their website. I didn't know much about them when I got the email but after a few emails back and forth I knew that it would be a great opportunity!

UncommonGoods is a Brooklyn, New York based retailer of unique and handmade items which are people, animal and environment friendly. They make it their mission to support designers and artist which is why most of their items are handmade. Actually, not only they are handmade but also one-third of their collection consists of items that are made by recycled/upcycled materials. As a certified B Corp foundation they give their workers more than minimum wage, give back to their community and support many causes. Working with a company that has a mission to impact the world in a positive way is always something that I would say yes to. 

I was asked to choose items from their Gifts for Women collection which was super hard because there were so many items ranging from jewelery to home essentials that were super cute and very unique. One thing I didn't pay attention while choosing was if the item could be sent internationally because it turns out that some of the handmade items had shipping restrictions but if you set location then it all makes it easier. Delivery took a bit of time because the package got stuck in customs but with a little bit of teamwork we got that sorted as well. At the end they were able to send me four items which was super generous of them to do. I'm sharing two of them with you today but the next two will be featured here soon so keep an eye out for that!
One of the things that I knew I would love to have was this Bedside Smartphone Vase. Since I need an alarm to wake up in the morning I always have my phone by my bed but sometimes it even ends up by my pillow. In order to prevent this I thought choosing this would be the best thing I would do for myself. The stand is made of ceramic, comes in two colors, white and mint and it also serves as a vase for flowers but I definitely recommend using fake flowers because having real ones would mean that you would have to water them and that wouldn't be such a great idea. There is also an oppening on the bottom of the stand which enables you to charge your phone while it stands on it. It's a quite simple product but very high quality!
Another ceramic item that I chose from the collection was this adorable Whale Pitcher. We have a lot of large house plants that always needs watering and recently I realized that we don't really have a proper pitcher to water them with. So seeing this on the website was a golden moment for me. I immediatly showed my mom and she said she would definitely make use of it! Other than it being a necessity, we also loved its vintage look and the fact that it was whale shaped. I mean how cute and original is that!


If you like their items and would love to go gift shopping you can click here and here for more gift ideas for women.  Some of these pages might actually be helpful to the men in your life so if they need a little guidence with buying you a gift maybe you'd like to send over these links to them or you could just spoil yourself!


Elif x

6 comments:

  1. I love the whale pitcher so much I'm going to have to buy it. Such lovely things, I've never heard of this company before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing item so definitely go for it! Uncommon Goods is a gem. Thanks for commenting Freya <3

      Delete
  2. That whale pitcher is adorable! I love it so much. I will have to check out this company's website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check them out, they have a lot of amazing things! You'll love it. Thanks for commenting <3

      Delete
  3. This Bedside Smartphone Vase is absolutely amazing. I need that because I also wake up by alarm and this would make it so much better. The Whale Pitcher is so cute. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does make it better with charging and having a place for your phone! Thank you for commenting <3

      Delete