1700m up in the air

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Before the moment of deciding if I would fly off a mountain I was afraid. I had all these thoughts in my head that almost kept me from doing this thing that I have always dreamed of. My sister and mom signed up with Gravity, a company well known for paragliding in Ölüdeniz, Fethiye, and I told them I had decided that I wasn't going to do it. They tried to convince me but I had made up my mind because I was afraid the whole thing might make me nauseous and I really didn't want that to happen. So we left that place that night without my name on the list. The next day we had a boat trip and during that trip I just decided that I should do paragliding because I had this feeling that I might not come back to Fethiye for a long time after this visit. After the boat trip was over we were hanging around Ölüdeniz beach and I watched a few people land on the ground safely so I decided to let go of my fears and leave my comfort zone and do what I came here to do. So I went and signed up. I couldn't sleep the night before the jump because I was excited, scared, happy and worried all at the same time. I couldn't control my emotions until I went up the mountain and I looked over to the beautiful view of Ölüdeniz. 

The view was absolutely breathtaking and all I wanted to do at that moment was fly. I got ready with my pilot Yiğit and he gave me the camera and we were off. It was the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life. I felt very emotional looking down and seeing this beautiful planet from a totally new perspective. I felt the wind on my face and the warmth of the sun on my skin. After about 30 minutes of flying like a bird we safely landed and right at that moment I felt extremely happy that I signed up to do it. It was in my bucket list for a long time and now I can check it off.

What do you guys have on your bucket list?
Elif x

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I wouldn't be able to sleep well the night before too just thinking about it :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing - this is definitely on my bucket list it would be so cool to do!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. I adore Oludeniz! It's such a beautiful place!
    Gold Dust
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that view is so amazing! That's awesome you were able to conquer your fears and do it. I would have definitely chickened out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The view is indeed breathtaking and I'm taking my hat off for your courage! I wouldn't be able to make the jump :-D

    ReplyDelete