Things you might want to know about

Tuesday, November 11, 2014


I think November has been the worst month in terms of planning so far. I didn't have any time to plan posts or anything else in my life. I have been busy with presentations and now it's midterm week. Good thing the month is not over yet and I still have about 20 days to get my shit together. But I thought I'd stop by today to list a few things that has been happening in my life, because I'd like to show you guys that I still exist:

 Bloglovin is blocked and this is one of the main reasons why I haven't gotten around to reading blogs and commenting on them. I actually had to change my DNS server today so I could access it. After my exams tomorrow I will go through all the posts, yay. 

 I have been spending some time exploring Istanbul. I visited Hagia Sophia. The last time I went there I was a freshman in highschool and now I'm a senior in university, so thats a lot of years. And the funny thing is it is extremely close to my university but this is the first time I actually went inside. I also went to a flee market and I happened to spent a bit more money than I had planned on spending there.

Two tourists asked me the way to the flee market and it was a big coincidence that I was also going there so I helped them out. We chatted on the way, they were from the Netherlands. 

 I got two new vinyls from the flee market: Pretty in Pink soundtrack and The National Boxer album! I already had a few faves from the Boxer album: Slow Show, Fake Empire, Start a War and listening to them on my record player was just incredible.


♡ My instagram addiction is still at its peak, I just reached 400 followers which is awesome. And I am totally diggin the new update.

One of my photos on VSCO got picked for the curated VSCOgrid. This was a great motivation for me and I will never forget it.

 I had Starbucks for the first time after almost 3 years. I went for hot chocolate because I hadn't had any for a while and I realized that I had really missed it. I really want more now because I reminded myself of it, damn. 

I went to the book fair but I didn't like it as much as last year. I usually stop by the second hand shops and I return with a bunch of books but this year I only found one. In total I got 2 books (one second-hand the other new) and my mom got 2 books so it wasn't for nothing. The author of one of the books my mom got was her childhood friend, whom she is still in touch with. She was there that day and we got the book signed!! 

 Midterm week has started and my first exam was today. There will be many more to come but I'm already pretty exhausted.

What have you been up to?

Elif x

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the exams!!! And congrats on getting picked for the grid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This November was pretty blah but it was okay so far. I've been waiting for a good news and I hope that it will really come true. Congrats on your instagram and for the VSCO grid! :)

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your exams! I love the National!! It's so hard to pick a favorite song, but I really like fake empire and mistaken for strangers. All their other albums are great too. My favorite album is high violet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Dutch people!
    Good luck with the exams, hope you do great in them.

    I had my first starbucks hot chocolate since, I really can't remember but it was pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with your exams! hagia sophia is beautiful, but i guess when you live in a city you never really visit the major attractions because i'm the same with things in sydney that people come from around the world to see. also the national are one of my favourite bands and i'm so pleased you collect vinyl as well! :)

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete