Movies, Movies, Movies!

Sunday, November 16, 2014


I only watched three new movies this whole month which is so unlikely of me. One of the movies is a Turkish remake of a Korean movie named Always (Only You). I will get more into them in a second but I just wanted to say thanks for sticking around. I got lots of new posts coming up and you don't want to miss them!


12 Angry Men: I had had this movie on my watch list for the longest time and I finally got to watch it. This movie was really something. I thought it would bore me but it didn't. I was actually quite excited throughout the movie as the jury got to question the "facts". Music was played seldom which led to a quiet and serious setting but the subject was no joke anyway. I really enjoyed the jaw-dropping moments as well. This movies goes on the top of my list for sure. Definitely a must watch.


Sadece Sen / Only You: Turkish sinema involves original content as well as many remakes. This one is a remake of a Korean movie of the same title. The story is a about a blind girl that meets a guy with a dark past. You will be excited to know how two different lives are intertwined with each other. 


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: I remember watching 'Rise of' and developing a bond with Caesar. His intellegince in this movie is no less and you can see how true a leader he has become. Of course the special effects are top notch in the movie. I mean the apes really do look like apes. And the acting is pretty good too. A great film from Matt Reeves.

Did you watch any movies? I would love some recommendations.

Elif x

3 comments:

  1. I'd definitely suggest Cronenberg's latest film,Maps to the Stars. It's a shame I haven't watched 12 Angry Men...! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've only seen 12 angry men out of these 3, and that is one great film! lately i've been rewatching some old favourites like amélie as well as finally watching the newest x-men and the first two hunger games, haha:-) but if you really did love 12 angry men, i'd recommend checking out one of those lists of 50 best classic movies online and watching all of them, ha! i'm more than half-way through mine:--) x

    ReplyDelete