Film Photography: Side Ancient Theatre

Sunday, October 5, 2014

I know I should be getting more into Fall/Winter posts soon and I totally will but for now I'd really like to share some film photos that I took on my trip. We went on vacation to Alanya (south of Turkey, very hot) on 20-27th of September. Even though it was getting cold at home the weather there was splendid. Sometimes it even got too hot, especially on our last day when we went to visit Side. Side (read Sea-de) is an ancient Greek city located 65km from Alanya Center and about 40km from Incekum, which is where we were staying. Being this close to many of the best known ancient structures we knew we had to go there and look around for a day.

Our first stop was the Ancient Theatre. There was an enterance fee of 15TL that got us a bit sceptical about entering and seeing this place but we had come all this way so we paid up. I can say that it was worth it. The theatre was absolutely amazing and the structure of it was just breathtaking. It says it holds up to about 15-20 thousand people which is a huge number. I would have been able to take it all in better if it wasn't so damn hot. I just went around quickly and got some photos and looked around a bit then I ran into the shade. I'm glad I got some decent photos because I couldn't even see what I was taking a photo of since it was very bright. If you'd like to know more about this ancient city here is a link to Wiki. I still have a couple of more film photos to share with you so I hope you are okay with seeing those in the next couple of posts! 
The two photos below were taken after exploring the theatre. I just took them on our way to our next destination.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! The one of the spyglass thingy is soooo Wes Anderson! xx

    The Persephone Complex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are beautiful! The first couple, of the amphitheatre almost looked like an optical illusion or a magic eye picture!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place is amazing! I didn't realize how big it was until I noticed the people in the photos! Wonderful shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't mind seeing more summer in your vacation photos! I somehow missed the hot beach vacation this year, but I can't complain, the Northwest trip was amazing. Thanks for sharing these sunny shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've probably told you this already but you have some of my favourite film photography!

    Also, a place I have been too! I went (many) years ago with my ex bf to Side to look at the ruins. But, I can't really remember much from the holiday, I think I have blocked the whole thing out. He was a jerk haha.

    ReplyDelete