Turn to page three hundred and ninty-four

Friday, July 25, 2014

I have to admit that even though I watched the Harry Potter movies more than a 100 times I still haven't read the books. I know I'm missing out on it and I will definitely pick them up one day and read them but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. I guess it might be because I haven't heard any of the "the books were so much better than the movie" discussions with HP that we usually see with other adaptations. But not reading the book doesn't make me any less of a fan than the people who have read it. When it first came out we went to it in the movies as a family and it became tradition and we went to the movies for the next seven to come. And it's funny we never ever saw spoilers like never so watching that last movie was pretty shocking for us in terms of the Snape storyline. It was just a big part of our lives and it still remains that way. Still waiting for my letter to Hogwarts to be honest!! :)

Well you know why I talked about HP, it's because of my new shirt from HiCustom. I got an email from them to design my own shirt on their website and they would send it out to me and after days of deciding I went with this design (I had seen it before on a tank top). They have so many things to choose from it's kind of overwhelming but they work and ship fast. I was impressed with the quality too because I didn't think it would be this soft. I feel really comfortable in it. The thing that I wasn't happy about is that even though I got a size small it's still quite big. But it's not a big issue since I can tuck it in my pants or just tie it up in the front and roll up the sleeves. If you want a unique shirt like this for yourself, you should definitely check out HiCustom. 

Details
Shirt: c/o HiCustom 
Denim Shirt: Bershka 
Pants: Tally Weijl 
Bow: Gift

P.S. I got my denim shirt recently from Bershka and it was 50% off!! And you already know the pants. You'll see them more since they are the only high-waisted pants I own! Anyways, see ya next time.

16 comments:

  1. That top is so cool - such a cute quote! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design you chose!
    You have to read the books, they are SO much better than the films - they left so much out of the films, everything fits together so cleverly in the books and I feel like a lot of that was lost in the transition. I do love the films as well though!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, photo number 6 is super cool, and I love this cute yet slughtly rock-and-roll look... High waist pants and hairbows are the best!

    http://happydayscalilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sixth photo, that edit is amazing! I am surprised you haven't heard that the books are better than the films in relation to Harry Potter, mainly because they are and once you have read them you have the endless game or spot how badly they did it in the film... Or my personal favourite what ENTIRE chapters did the leave out. I adore that t-shirt, but the title of the post is one of my preferred quotes :D
    XO, Miriam
    http://englishmademoisellediaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg those pants are amazing. your photos are looking so gorgeous lately! xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome outfit! I love the jeans! Having read the books first, I feel like just watching the movies might be a little confusing because they tend to leave a lot out, (If they didn't the movies would be like 6 hours long, haha) But I totally understand not reading them, it definitely takes some time to get through them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love that tee! Personally, I think the books are better than the movies, but the movies stand alone as they are and it's a story unto itself. That's why I think you can chose one or the other, there is nothing in the movies that you require the books to understand and I think that's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What creative photos! And I love the way you've fused rock'n'roll and geek-chic in one outfit! It's great! I'm TOTALLY going to keep reading your blog!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful outfit, I love the polka dotted
    pants and that lovely bow in your hair.
    And that t-shirt is so cool, I really like it when you
    can customize your clothes.

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful outfit. you look lovely! and i want that shirt! haha. i'm a potterhead too. :)) anyway, i have an on-going international big blog giveaway and i hope you can join http://www.raellarina.net/2014/07/big-international-giveaway-for-my-21st.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about this post - not just the outfit! The photos are fab, the title is perfect, you look beautiful!
    Potterheads ftw!

    Best wishes, Danielle x
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harry Potter is wonderful! And this is the most gorgeous outfit.
    Bella
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little red bow and the floral wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The books are WAY better than the movies! There's so much detail in the books that aren't in the movies at all. I'm currently halfway through reading them again though, so I would say that :)

    Also, love your double exposure with the stripes! So cool!

    ReplyDelete