LUSH Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar Review

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It's one of those review days again and this time I'm back with a Lush product! After Fantine, one of my sponsors from before, told me about Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar, which is great for greasy hair, I had to try it out for myself too. I read more reviews before getting the bar and I did get quite excited about it because my hair gets greasy fast! Right now, there is only a bit left from the bar and I have been using it since April so thats more than 40 washes for sure. Anyways.. here is a list of things (that I've observed) to know about this shampoo bar;

-It doesn't leave a smell: This was a dissapointment for me because I love good smelling hair and lavander would have done the job.
-It lathers pretty quick: It was quite impressing how much lather this shampoo bar created, I was shocked for sure. 
-It gets stuck on the tin: This is a cause of it staying in a hot place (hot showers lol) but I knew I still had to prevent it from happening. Even though in the photo above the shampoo is inside the tin horizontally when I used it I set it upwards vertically on one side so that certain side would get flat and therefore only that part would stick on the tin. This was quite an effective way of using this shampoo bar without it getting smuged all over.
-It cleans fast: Usually I wash my hair twice and it still feels greasy. Because of the fact that it gets greasy fast I actually don't use conditioner as well. But with Jumping Juniper I only wash once and voila it's clean and soft.
-It doesn't delay the grease: Well maybe it does by 3-4 hours but that's about it. I still shower every other day no difference.

Until I find a better alternative for my greasy hair I'm going to continue using Jumping Juniper because it's great for quick showers and 3-4 hours of grease delay. Plus, more than 40 washes is awesome for this little thing. Hope you liked this review! 

9 comments:

  1. Really need to try this! Read so many good reviews for it! I still think it's a bit strange how it's a shampoo bar though xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this review. I 've never use any shampoo bars before.. ;)


    cassiecadiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shampoo bars! They're actually really effective and I feel they create a lot less waste than normal shampoo. That sucks that it doesn't help your hair for too long. :( Maybe try a cleaning rinse? Like after shampoo wash with baking soda and water and then rinse out and continue. Maybe that will help? :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would be so interesting to try this! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never used a shampoo bar before and the idea seems so weird to me - do people rub the bar on their head or rub it in their hands and then put the lather in their hair? either way it sounds like you got a lot of use out of one bar so it might be better value than a traditional liquid shampoo, and really it's just like using liquid soap vs a bar of soap isn't it?

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rub it on my head but maybe some people rub it in their hands and then apply it to their hair, you never know for sure :D And yeah it probably does come down to that but I use both :)

      Delete
  6. lush definitely is my favourite cosmetic's brand <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good, I especially like
    that such a little shampoo can last for such a long
    time and that it cleans fast which is definitely a big plus, I might try this out, too. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very accurate review. I love Lush shampoo bars but definitely agree that there isn't much scent payoff and they get stuck in the tin badly!
    I love them purely because of the amount of product you get and how long it lasts for and the one's I have used have been really great for my type of hair.


    Best wishes, Danielle x
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete