Pressing Plants: An Update

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

All the way in Nov.2012 I made a post about pressed plants and recently I thought that it would need an update. There isn't a lot of different trypes of plants around where I live but when I go out I try to collect a few. Since last time I've doubled my collection. I'm pretty fond of it and I thought I share a few pages with you. I gotta say though last time I posted about this I told you guys about my favorite page (click here to see) and that page no longer exists and that's kind of sad. The reason for that is since the plants are dried up and are pretty fragile they can break over time (with movement). That's what happened with a plant on that page and I had to move things around after that. I still have new favorites though and I'm being extra careful. Hope you like the pages, they are quite new except for the last two and the close up one which is my all time favorite! 


Oh and I've realized while taking these photos that I really need to buy some pretty tape because regular scotch tape is just not working for me anymore. Anyways, do you like pressing plants? I would love to know!

11 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I love pressing plants as well and labeling them studiously. I find the hardest thing is to press plants when I am hiking though! But that is when I often see the most beautiful flowers! I love your collection of autumn leaves especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they're all so pretty! I used a press flowers all the time as a child, haven't done it for ages but I really want to make a plant/flower/gardening-themed zine so I'll give it another go for that for sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous. I used to have a special flower pressing kit when I was little. I think it belonged to my Grandma originally. Anyway, I loved it as flowers were pressed very tightly in between the paper sheets and they would last forever, getting more beautiful with age. This post has inspired me to do it again as they are so pretty and lovely to look back on.

    Naomi xo

    www.whatnaomiwrote.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - these are beautiful! The way you arrange them and display them is perfect! How long are pressed flowers supposed to last, out of curiosity?

    Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doing this too! It's really beautiful if you keep the one's you get from separate occasions separate. So they're extra special. :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative idea! I'd love to try this out soon =)

    xx

    itsksquared.blogspot.com | kim&kyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look really cool. I wish i had time to try something like this.

    Hayley \\ http://PocketN0tes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post. Lovely Blog. I am really loving your blog.
    I am following your blog. Hope you will follow back,xxx
    My blog new post click & comment

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah, this is so cute! I've been meaning to start pressing plants this summer~

    http://happydayscalilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful. I love the leave ones- but I think that's because I'm a stickler for autumn leaves!
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete