Abandoned building on film

Sunday, June 15, 2014

On Friday I went to Yıldız Park with a couple of my friends to have a picnic and to see the kiosks (mansions) that were there. I also knew that this abandoned building (maybe it was a cafe back in the day?) would be there because I saw it on Facebook on this vintage boutique's page and actually asked them where it was. So I had to go and take photos of it and share with you guys. These are the photos I took with my Zenit 122 but I have a few on my dslr that I'm going to share with you too because since the lens is wider you'll be able to see more of the building. I'm just glad I finally got to go after planning to for a whole year. We always managed to delay it but I'm glad we didn't this time because we took a ton of photos and spent a wonderful summer day in the park. It was a day well spent. As I've said I might share more photos from this day, I have quite a few favorites.

It says "Sex is forbidden!" on the window. I thought it was quite funny.

P.S. The last two were from a different roll of film but I really love the one that we created to make it look like someone had left their stuff behind (news paper, sun hat). It looks lovely to me. Which one is your favorite?

13 comments:

  1. I love abandoned buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I love abandoned buildings too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that place looks gorgeous. I think it would have been gorgeous when all together as well. I think the world needs more glass garden cafe's.

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so freaking beautiful. My favourite is the sex is forbidden one. woooooow this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful abandoned space! It looks like it came straight from a fairy tale! I would love to take pictures there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such cool photos! abandoned buildings are everywhere, I need to find one to explore- it seems so cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this place must be magic. i feel the atmosphere. well done photos babe <3 and i bet you guys had lots fun in that lovely place :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place looks absolutely magical. You've captured it so well! x
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to pick a favourite photo since all of them are haunting and beautiful. There is something so eerie and fascinating about abandoned places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photography, so creeeepy. I'd love to go here, I love the broken windows.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just ADORE abandoned buildings. I love the one with the hat and sign as well. those glass walls and ceiling are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and eerie. I love buildings and architecture but abandoned buildings have such a weird appeal that make them so pretty to photography.

    Best wishes, Danielle x
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love abandoned building photos, and these are great! Would love to have a little visit to an abandoned building.
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete