You Never Know How It'll Turn Out, It's Expired Film.

Saturday, May 17, 2014














I bought a Fotohome Kleurenfilm for a lira which equals to about 50¢ in the US and about £0.30 in GB. As you can see it's very cheap and you can't really expect so much. I still always believe that you have to give every film a try because you never know how it will turn out. This one only takes 24 shots. I used my Zenit 122 as it's my favorite because it will give you perfect results with light and it has an amazing lens. This film turned out very grainy and the hue is a bit off in greens and pinks as you can see. I thought I could eliminate the colors and edit the film to bw (even though I'm not a fan of editing film photos). I think making them bw was the right choice because I believe it gave the photos a certain sense of depth. 

What do you think about the film? Do you like my bw edit? Would love to know your thoughts! P.S. I put some up on my Flickr page. You can view them double the size of how they are here there, CLICK HERE. P.S.S. The 4th one from top was taken by my sis and I'm the person in the middle there.

9 comments:

  1. wow this is inspiring!

    x Maria
    New outfit up on my blog
    featuring the perfect high waist shorts
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are using expired film! I think it looks fantastic and so moody. Your black and white edits make it look like these photos could have come from the 40's or something haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this film is amazing *___* i wish i could try it too!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! The colours are so cool, but in b/w they look nice as well. I wish I had a film camera... :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Expired film can bring such interesting results! The black and white is classic, but I think I like it with the color the best, it is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! Side by side, I think they look great. Even with the hues being off and editing them to b&w, both options look wonderful to me. But then again, I'm a sucker for a good photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images. I looove the blurry colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cool finished images. I think some of them do look better in black and white, the last one in particular but the original hues are so unique!
    I have alot of expired film to use up but don't have access to a dark room just now so they will be even more expired when I do come to use them! haha

    Best wishes, Danielle x
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the unedited photos but I see what you mean about the B&W! They have this feeling about them in B&W that they are so much older than they are.
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete