Movies, Movies, Movies!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I didn't watch many movies the past month as I had a ton of things to do and I did want to catch up on some reading.. But I did watch enough movies to talk about on here. So hope you enjoy reading!

Memento: This movie was on my watchlist on IMDB for the longest time and I finally got around to watching it. Really loved the fact that the story started at the end and slowly showed us the beginning. I made guesses throughout the movie that did come true so some things were a bit obivous but I was still shocked at the end. I thought it was brilliant. The acting, directing and the storyline (the way it evolved and everything) was superb.

Tonight You're Mine: I wanted to watch an indie movie last week and this popped up in a list and I thought why not? The movie is set in Scotland's T in the Park festival so shooting this film only took 4-5 days which is how long (give or take) the festival lasts. That being said, it is not the best production. I mean the lighting is off at some scenes and some of the acting is just stiff. The story is predictable and cheesy but even with all that it was still a nice movie with fun, love, excitement and music!

Source Code: I love a good Sci-Fi movie and this one did not dissapoint. A friend of mine suggested this to me as she is also very into the whole Sci-Fi thing so I did not hesistate and watched it the day after. Right when this movie starts you find youself in it. It doesn't wait or take a long time to get into the story it's already there. All you do after that is think what will happen next and than the movie is over in a jiffy. That means that it's upto pace and very exciting that you don't even know how time passes by. The story is interesting too but there was a few questions left in my mind after it was over so I went online and researched lol.

Submarine: Another movie that was on my watchlist for a long time was this one. I found this movie boring and a bit weird but I am sensing that the weird thing is what they were going for anyway. I liked the concept of it though and I totally get where main character is coming from with all the emotions and such but that's about it really.

8 comments:

  1. Awwwwhh I'm so sad you didn't like Submarine :( that film is in my top 10 (maybe even top 5) of all time. I love everything about it- maybe try coming back to it (give it a few months, years even) as I found that I didn't like this other film the first time I watched it, then watched it again a year or so later and loved it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed some new movies so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love Submarine so much!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to see Submarine, it looks fab!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendations! I haven't watched any movies in a long time, except for The Grand Budapest Hotel a week or so ago at the movie theater. Have you watched it? At home I just never have time lately. Thanks for the reviews and recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don´t have idea of this movies, but memento is in my list
    I like the idea.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really related to the main character of Submarine, his thoughts and all... Nice soundtrack too!

    ReplyDelete