Books I've Been Reading (Goal Recap)

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Huckleberry Finn by Samuel L. Clemens: This edition (Best Loved Classics) was published in 1953 and it says on the first page that it's an exact verbatim reprint of the first edition which means that it would include every typo or other peculiarities of it. There are lots of different dialects used in this book and I had trouble with all of them. Yes, I understood after a while but it just made the reading more slower and slower thus the book was finished in 2 months. I liked the content of the book, the adventures were fun and I loved going on them with Huck but I wish the form was simpler but of course 1953 is old. I should've known better! I wonder how the newer versions are, hmm.

Third Girl by Agatha Christie: I really love mystery/crime novels, they are thought provoking, exciting and fun. Therefore I decided to read an Agatha Christie novel considering her books are one of the best in this genre. Some parts of this book were exciting (you had to find out what was to come next) and some very confusing (you read a page over and over). I guess the confusion comes with the characters because they are also very confused throughout the novel until the end of course, when everything is revealed ta da! I guess I could say that this book wasn't really what I hoped it would be but I'm going to read other books by Agatha Christie for sure. 

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Well who wouldn't love this book anyway. It's such a lovely love story that will make you laugh and it will definitely make you cry. I literally read this book in a day and I'm not even using the word 'literally' in the wrong context here. I recommend this book to anyone who just wants to leave reality for a while and enter the world of Hazel and Gus. Let Hazel tell you her story! Oh and by the way I can't believe the movie comes out like next week, I'm definitely going! 

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom: Let me start off by saying that I read this book for the second time to remember why I loved it so much in the first time and I still don't have an exact answer. This is my favorite book for sure but like I said I don't know why. I can say that I like the main character Eddie, I like reading about the people he meets and the stories they tell him about themselves and their impact on his life. I like that these impacts result in lessons to be learned, things to be discovered.

P.S. That means I've crossed off 4 books from my goal to read 15 again this year! I know it's a slow start but Summer is here and that is a lot of free time <3 Hope you enjoyed this and see ya next time!

4 comments:

  1. I still need to read TFIOS before the film comes out! It's odd because I watch all of the Vlogbrothers videos, but have never read a John Green book. Hope you're doing well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have four months ahead me before school starts again so i plan to read a lot too. i read one book so you still have 3 more than me! that 15 books a year is a great goal, i'm pretty sure you'll succeed. i already have a list of the books i need to buy :) maybe one of these will be on it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. my boyfriend read the five people you meet in heaven, i'm yet to read it but he said it's a beautiful book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame I haven't read any of those... yet! :)

    ReplyDelete