Collection: Life Magazine 1960s Issues 41-52

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Final part of the series guys! Thank you so much for all the comments you have left for these posts :) This time I added two extras as I didn't want to leave them out and I didn't want to just make a post with just two so this is a picture heavy post a bit more than usual.
For Our College and Highschool Teens: When I saw this page I was like "Omg PLAID". Really love the 3rd dress. There are so many dresses like that right now but modern ones are a bit shorter on the length of course.
A Few Prêt-à-Porter Designs For Our Teens: This page is a dream. Especially in the 2nd photo I basically fell in love with the skirt. Absolutely adorable with the top :) I also learned a new term Prêt-à-Porter which means Ready-to-wear.
Most Elegant Coat Designs From Parisian Tailors: Really elegant indeed. Collars are always great for these types of coats, makes is more cosy.
Wool Models Of The Season: Love the 4th one but I don't really get the last one because it looks pretty huge. A lot of women today wouldn't want to wear that, they would say "it makes me look fat." 
Street Style From Famous Parisian Fashion Designers: So weird that these are called street style as from my point of view they are pretty much suited for work or serious events etc. Well there is more than 50 years in between the fashion then and now, so things have changed. Duh, Elif.
Elegant Dresses and Two-Piece Suits For The Afternoon
New Two-Piece Suits Of The Season: I guess two piece suits were in fashion back then but I do want to say that I really love the cape on photo number two. It looks incredible with the suit, doesn't it?
1960-1961 Winter
Comfy Dresses
Evening Gowns Are This Years Trend: Oh hello crop top, you've seemed to have made a comeback :) We might actually see some really chic crop tops soon. They are a huge deal this year!
It's A Season Of Events: J'adore the first dress. Very cute but needs to be shorter for me ;)
Sportive Dresses Of British People For Winter Vacations: Love the plaid coat actually (top right corner). Compared to the other photos these are sporty but again from here not really. Can't believe the changes in fashion, so incredible.


3 comments:

  1. This was such an interesting post, it's so nice to gain inspiration from other decades. I love the 60s, so I'll definitely be stealing some looks from these pages aha. I stalk the subreddit 'Old school cool', can't get enough of vintage styling! Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and I absolutely love it! http://finestprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, these look amazing! i just love reading old magazines, they can be so precious:-) x

    ReplyDelete