Movies, Movies, Movies!

Friday, March 14, 2014

It's time to talk movies! I watched a few movies this month and these made the cut. There were 1 or 2 movies that I thought were just a waste of my time and I don't even want to talk about them. No need really. Anyways hope you like this months reviews and maybe you'd like to watch them if you haven't already! :)

Moulin Rouge: Sometimes I don't know why I take so much time getting to watch a good movie. This I should have watched a long time ago. I mean I love musicals and love stories, it's my thing so this was jackpot. Also Ewan McGregor (hello again lol) is in it and who knew he could sing and could do it very well? I sure didn't (same with Kidman). Nicole Kidman won a Golden Globe for this role and she deserved it even though I didn't like a few of her scenes. I found usage of modern songs very clever in a movie set in the 1900s. Also, the costumes were extraordinary, especially the ones Satine (Kidman) wore.

Big Fish: I had heard of this movie when it came out and I don't know why I didn't watch it in the movies. Tim Burton is so good at his job and always has the audience where he wants it. I was crying so hard at the end of this movie so this one is a special one for me. It did leave me wanting for more and it was a feast to the eye visually. Some scenes were goofy, some were romantic and some were sad. Everything you need in a fantastic story that is told very uniquely.

Hobbit An Unexpected Journey: The second movie is out for this and I took a long time to watch the first. I guess a movie being too long scares me at first but once I give up on those 3 hours than I can truly enjoy it. Hobbit was definitely and adventure and I'm so glad I went along. Unlike LOTR it had it's moments that made me laugh and really cleared out the air on some of the things I was always wondering about the LOTR (as someone who hasn't read the books). It was nice seeing the origins of such a strong series that come after it.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: This is Ben Stiller at his best. He should always make movies like this. Him directing this is also amazing because it's stunning. The story is about Walter Mitty (Ben Stiller) who is a constant dreamer. He escapes from his world by day dreaming of romance, action and him doing heroic things. Then he decides to go on an adventure when he is at risk of losing his job and this adventure is much more extraordinary than any dream he ever had. I think a lot of us could relate to Walter Mitty and that we are dreamers but there comes a point where reality is better than our dreams. Not a lot of us have accomplished that yet. I know I haven't.

10 comments:

  1. Nicole Kidman looked so beautiful in Moulin Rouge! I'm not into musicals but I love that one.
    I can't take Ben Stiller seriously but I'll give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to watch Walter Mitty!! Now I am even more motivated to see it based on your description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Big Fish is so intriguing. Yeah I haven't seen Moulin Rouge yet. It's bad. I neeed to watch it. But tho look of Big Fish is so interesting I think I'll watch it tomorrow!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love movie recommendations,
    I would really like to watch "Moulin Rouge"
    and "Big Fish" sound really good, too. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to watch "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" in cinema ,but I didn't do this : (

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are great movies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen all of these, but your recommendations/film taste is really good so I'll definitely be checking them out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen any of these movies. WHAT A SHAME! I must catch up :DD
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great film choice :) Best film I have seen recently was: '12 Years A Slave' - So powerful!

    ReplyDelete