Collection: Life Magazine 1960s Issues 31-40

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This time I decided not to have such a long time in between this Life Magazine posts so here it is. I kept the writing to a minimum as always because it is picture heavy. I just hope these are some sort of inspiration to people who are waiting to be inspired :)
Summer and Elegance: These are simple yet very chic, my fave is Nina Ricci.
Knit Winter Wear: Mon dieu! I really love photo C, and I would totally knit myself that if I was capable of doing such things lol.
End Of Summer Fashion: It's either Menko or Hermes (the first and second photo on the bottom) for me. While Hermes is more of a housewife look, the Menko one is more suitable for work or other places.
Morning-Night Gowns: The mini one is so cute!
1960's Autumn: I don't really have much to say about this page but I do have to say this.. it is so funny the way the model in the middle photo is standing, it made me smile.
1960-1960 Winter and Autumn Fashion: First photo in the top right corner is really cool. I would totally wear that back in the time lol. By the way I'm really loving the whole gossiping photo in the middle where all the ladies are wearing light colors.
Specialty of the New Season: Okay so what is with the way the first woman is standing ahaha. Can't stop wondering this, really. Anyways really loving the Dior jacket and dress suit right next to that one. So cute.
Autumn-Winer Essentials from Tailors of London: Loving th gowns of Princess Mergaret's tailor. Looks very well made.. for a princess.
Hair, Hat and Shoe Models: I don't like the hats or the shoes but I'm loving the Dessange hair style. It's more like modern Jennifer Lawrence.
Bolero (Chemisette): B and D are my faves. I'm not really a bolero girl but these two are very lovely.

12 comments:

  1. This is such a cool collection! Love the images, they're so inspiring and interesting. It combines fashion and history- two of my favourite things xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow such collection must be a treasure! :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! The fashion back then was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read old magazines, especially fashion magazines,
    it's always so inspiring to look at all the wonderful clothes they wore
    back then. And your collection
    of Life magazines is just amazing. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such pretty clothes, and hair and make-up. I love looking at old magazines. I only wish I had some, and a lot of the clothes in them!

    I found you via the Where Rainbows End Blog Hop, look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Elif! I love the pin-up type pictures, they always remind me of vintage type glamour that seems to be lacking these days. Thanks for stopping by my blog hop. I've been following your lovely blog via GFC for quite awhile now :)

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your retro magazine collection. I love D too! Very Audrey Hepburn...and a little bit Mad Men, too. xxxx

    I will be blogging a life update soon. I know I've been flagging :( but I'm coming back to blogging, and hopefully it will be even better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! How things change! Love these images! Awesome collection!

    I found you over on the Dollie Dowsie Blog Hop

    Lucie from www.ourworldandautism.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love vintage looking magazines! X Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so inspirational, I love the vintage-retro vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUCH an amazing collection! I love it!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing collection! I love vintage magazines x

    ReplyDelete