Collection: Life Magazine 1960s Issues 21-30

Friday, December 20, 2013

It's been a long time since I've shared pages of my grandfathers Life Magazine collection so I thought it would be nice to post about it. Once again it is a photo heavy post so I'll keep the writing to a minimum. I hope the fashion pages inspire people out there. I'm always amazed of how vintage is getting a more modern look these days, it's better than it dissappearing forever. It should always come back. Always.

Lanvin Castillo Love the woman with the black hat and checkered coat. She looks amazing and very sleek!
Revillon I think my favorite from here is the floral coat at the end of the page and also the striped dress next to it. Those two are pretty amazing and they did come back to fashion recently. But I wouldn't go for the striped hat, that would be too much for me.
For Young Gils Oh my goodness when I saw this page the first thing I said was: somebody get me that checkered dress! It is the cutest thing ever and I actually need a dress like that. Oh and it has a collar, what else could I ask for?!
Swimwear Bathing suits did get very popular lately among the vintage lovers and I think they look relly lovely. I really love that they look like corsets on this page, very cool. The only thing I'm not sure about is the hat, I mean what is that yo? Don't like it.
Fashion: Menko Not a fan of two pieced outfits but the dresses on this page look so elegant. The white one looks absolutely stunning, my favorite for sure.
Plain, Cheap and Elegant I wish my mom kept all her clothes because these things are not cheap anymore, which sucks. I mean look at the one on the middle at the bottom row, it's wonderful. Especially, the collar!
Joppy Dress Models I don't know what Joppy means but it might be a mixture of 'sloppy' and 'joy'. And by the look of it I can see that these dresses are bit loose (sloppy) and of course very joyful so the definition might be right. Anyways I've always loved these types of dresses as they look the most comfortable. Especially the first row is my kind of vintage fashion but I wouldn't be able to pull it off aha!
For Those Who Are Getting Engaged In Summer Just give me the first outfit. I won't wear it I'll frame it!
Latest Fashion From Europe I've already talked about bathing suits, so what I love about these photos is the swan in the backround. I wonder if it was brought there for the shoot. I wonder I wonder.
Bathing Suits The striped one is amazing. I can totally see myself wearing it. And again the so called "beach hats" below are totally weird. I wouldn't wear them, I didn't even know they existed.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These photos and magazines are beautiful, and so inspiring. How lucky are you to be able to pore over them at your will? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing collection you've got! These photos are so so inspirational.

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you! I would like to have them all in my hands <3

    ReplyDelete