Istanbul Railway Museum on Film

Monday, November 4, 2013

I woke up late today so I couldn't go to class but I decided that I didn't want to spend the day at home so I went and got my film developed at last. These photos are from late September I think. I had just gotten a new camera from my uncle and I went into the city to get batteries for it and that same day I came across this museum. It was just a room full of all these old items related to trains, railroads etc. Since it was my first time using the camera I didn't know much about it and I hadn't done any reading on how to shoot with it so I just rolled with it lol :D The room was a bit dark so the bottom four photos came out a bit shaky (and some photos that I did not include here came out dark) but the camera has an external flash so in the future I will definitely use it to prevent this from happening (I didn't have it with me that day , unfortunately)
TCDD stands for Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Devlet Demiryolları (Turkish State Railways) and the last photo is the front of one of the electrical trains which started being used in 1955. It was pretty cool seeing it and playing with the wheel as I couldn't really hold myself from doing that. The photo above the last one has items related with the hospitals that were a part of Turkish State Railways. 

I have to thank everyone who took/takes time to comment on my posts I cherish every single one of those comments and I reply to any questions asked so check back if you ever ask one! 

10 comments:

  1. oh dear I love your pictures so so much. It feels like, you send me on a journey, every time I look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos! So evocative! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like the shaky photos, they have a certain charm. A lot of my photos aren't 'perfect' either, whatever that means, but some of the ones that have technical flaws turn out being my favourites :) you're right to just roll with your photography. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures! i love film photography, its so exciting to get the pictures back and see the results~and these photos are great! xx

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos, the place looks so nice and interesting!

    I just followed you on GFC. If you want, we can follow each other on other platforms. Just let me know!

    www.astylevictim.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are just magical!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love museums like that, to think how people actually used to live.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your blog!
    followed via GFC <3
    http://flowercrownsanddaisychains.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete