32. Istanbul Book Fair

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Well I know the title says book fair and I started off with art galary photos but the book fair doesn't involve just books. The first hall that we went into had so many paintings and I had to photograph some of my faves. I didn't get to look around much because we still had to go through a ton of books in the other halls and we didn't really want to spend so much time at the fair as it gets extremely crowded toward the end of the day.
The three photos in the middle were taken at the freestyle section of the gallary and I think they were getting more attention among us teens and young adults. The first and the last one I don't really remember the section or who painted them, unfortunately.
This one was a fave. I don't know why but it just seemed soothing. The moon is so huge compared to the house and usually when its from our point of view (on earth) its the opposite. Yeah we know that the moon is huge but its so far away that it looks smaller than our houses. Anyways, you get what I mean right?
They were actually selling art supplies towards the exit of this certain hall, which I thought was pretty neat. But of course it was more expensive than usual.
Places to shop for new books at.
I spent my time at Sahaflar (is actually located in Beyazıt, Istanbul and its a place where they sell old books and such) section of the fair. Sahaflar is actually losing its touch in Beyazıt because they have started selling new course books for students who are entering the exam but when its book fair time they all come together from different parts of Istanbul and sell their old books, posters, comics, records etc.
Got our books signed by Ayşe Kulin and Gary Small.
Got over 20 books! Yay!

I actually went to the fair 3 times but only brought my camera the first day we went. It was very tiring but buying books is so much fun. I will share the books as I read them. Now I must go study as I only have like an hour to do so because after that I'm off to bed and will have to wake up at 6 and try to be at my exam at 8:45. It will be a very tiring day tomorrow ahaha (I hate waking up that early). Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

  1. Looks dreamy! And it's such a good haul- well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such an amazing experience. Thank you for documenting it and sharing it with us!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it seems like you had lots fun! and this event looks awesome :) ! great photography tho!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! looks chock-full of really neat stuff. :) I'd love to meander around a fair like that. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's so amazing im so jelly

    unicornskill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh that's super fun! Love all the photos you took, I'd be too distracted ha!

    -KT
    kathrynfarritor.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg! I want to join in that kind of event i really love reading novels be it a amateur creation or the publish one its great exploring others one mind, and it keeps me wondering whats their inspiration to be able to write a novel, and i enjoy seeing your favorite paintings it all marvelous, Hope I could join in that kind of event someday and able to bring my beloved sister which is an amateur writer today, ahahah.


    http://miaamorilag.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete